Welcome to AutoDesignO, the automotive design organization, an association of design studios, and industry professionals that help to staff and facilitate the development of production and concept vehicles.
The Southern California-based AutoDesignO is a professional association dedicated to advancing improved business relations, communications within the design industry. Membership is available to design studios, staff and freelance designers, clay modelers, color and trim, digital design and modeling, fabricators, studio engineers, students, studio design and modeling managers, and similar design professionals, as well as industry suppliers, aftermarket companies, consumer groups, governmental bodies, temp and staffing agencies, media and PR, and other transportation design-related firms and organizations.
AutoDesignO (the Automotive Design Organization) is a professional association, which is advancing improved access to people, essential information, as well as a culture exchange within the design profession, and beyond the studio walls. The organization strives to expand the presence and prominence of the design industry.
In addition, we offer limited, non-member access for the general public. This provides an enticing sampling of transportation design and news.
Membership is available to design studios, staff and freelance designers, clay modelers, color and trim, digital design and modeling, fabricators, studio engineers, students, studio design and modeling managers, and similar design professionals, as well as industry suppliers, aftermarket companies, governmental bodies, temp and staffing agencies, media and PR, and other transportation design-related firms and organizations.
AutoDesignO currently has an international membership with members residing in Australia, Europe, South America, and the United States – from Southern California to Michigan.
The three key points that guide our association are – awareness, education, and preservation.
Directors and Editorial Staff
Executive Director – John Grafman
Production and Editorial Assistant – LeeAnn Rhoden
AutoDesignO offers a variety of activities and services to benefit its members:
AutoDesignO News — The organization brings “insider” information and insight to subjects ranging from vehicle-related environmental legislation, to new technical developments, and corporate activities. Each news story is hand selected for its relevance to the industry. Regularly updated, the News section provides a convenient opportunity to keep up-to-date on the information that every transportation professional needs to know.
AutoDesignO Online — The frequently updated website features a briefing of upcoming industry events, workshops, seminar, and presentations, along with special events developed by AutoDesignO. Constantly updated industry news, articles, a design studio oriented candidate search, numerous resources, and other topics of interest are also available.
Special Events — Providing members “up close and personal” contact with interesting cars, trucks, and people. Anticipated events are created to provide superior insight to various aspects of design, be it directly automotive related or indirectly.
The organization’s social/business activity features everything from prominent guest speakers who bring ideas and insight to subjects ranging from vehicle-related environmental legislation, to new technical developments, trends, and corporate happenings. These opportunities provide convenient opportunities for valuable face-to-face networking.
Membership Resources — This online publication is a comprehensive “phone book” that lists key industry contacts. The online website links are available to members only (educational resources are available to non-members). Additional connectivity is available to members via our AutoDesignO LinkedIn group.
Access — The members’ only sections of the AutoDesignO website provides pertinent articles and information, membership and industry contact information.
AutoDesignO membership is open to active and retired clay modelers, color and trim, composite technicians, designers, digital professionals, fabricators, managers, students, studio engineers, and other professionals working in the greater automotive design industry.
A membership registration is required for participation in meetings, events, and online services. If verification is required additional documentation of employment activity, or other confirmation may be requested. Membership is subject to the determination of AutoDesignO.
There are three main membership classifications in AutoDesignO: Professional or Student-Members, Affiliate/Sponsor-Members, and Media. Members of the AutoDesignO LinkedIn group are pre-approved.
To qualify as an Professional or Student-Member, he or she must be a working, or retired design studio professional in the automotive industry, or related fields such as the aftermarket, an OEM supplier, a transportation design professional, or student at a recognized design schools, etc.
Affiliate and Sponsor memberships are open to sponsors, or appropriate professionals who work in the automotive industry, but do not meet the requirements for Professional or Student-Member. Examples would be other associations, marketing personnel, and advertising personnel, etc.
Media membership is open to appropriate professionals who work in the automotive industry in print or online publications as editors, photographers, and writers. Additionally, those employed by broadcast audio or video outlets, such as in television and internet podcasts, etc. are included.
AutoDesignO membership is free for industry professionals. Requested documentation of recent or past professional activity may be requested prior to approval. Membership approval is at the sole discretion of the Executive Director.
Affiliate/Sponsor membership is open to appropriate professionals that might require partial access to services, or online material. Membership fee is based on the nature of relationship, and access. Contact AutoDesignO for current membership fee and sponsor rates.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
- You can visit the websites of AutoDesignO without revealing any personal information. However, AutoDesignO needs certain personal information if you wish to be a member of the organization, receive AutoDesignO newsletters, or use certain AutoDesignO services including event ticketing.
- Where required, this information may include your personal contact information and/or your company contact information. AutoDesignO will use this information to reply to your inquiries, to provide you with requested products and services, and to contact you regarding new products, services and opportunities.
- Information may be accessed when necessary for membership using other resources including LinkedIn and other social media websites.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
- AutoDesignO automatically receives and records non-personal information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information and the page you requested. AutoDesignO may use this information to customize the advertising and content you see and to fulfill your requests for certain products, services, and opportunities. However, AutoDesignO does not connect this non-personal data to any personal information collected from you.
- AutoDesignO also allows third party companies, such as Google, to set and access their cookies on your computer. Again, these cookies are not connected to any personal information. Third party cookie usage is subject to their own privacy policies, and AutoDesignO assumes no responsibility or liability for this usage.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- AutoDesignO may disclose your personal information to third parties who work on behalf of AutoDesignO to provide products, services, and opportunities that we believe are relevant to you. We will share personal information for these purposes only with third parties whose privacy policies are consistent with ours or who agree to abide by our policies with respect to personal information.
- AutoDesignO may otherwise disclose your personal information when:
- A member provides profile information, or when we have your consent to share the information for a specified purpose;
- We need to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or such other legal process;
- We need to protect the personal safety of the users of our websites or defend the rights or property of AutoDesignO;
- AutoDesignO has implemented Demographics and Interest Reports and uses Remarketing with Google Analytics to assist us with our online marketing and research.
- AutoDesignO along with third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and improve our advertising based on your past visits to our website. We are strictly collecting this data to help us better understand our customer base and provide better services to our customers and their needs.
- If you do not consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information as outlined in this policy, please do not provide any personal information to AutoDesignO. If you have provided personal information to AutoDesignO and no longer consent to its use or disclosure as outlined herein, please notify AutoDesignO at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will delete your member account. Alternatively, members can change the information they provide on their profile or delete their own account.
- Unfortunately, data transmission over the Internet cannot be considered completely secure. However, your AutoDesignO Information is protected for your privacy and security. AutoDesignO uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions with respect to online payment.
- Personal information is protected from unauthorized access through access control procedures, network firewalls and security provided by the site host, along with physical security measures.
- Further, AutoDesignO retains your personal information only as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes identified above or as required by law.
- AutoDesignO may at any time, without notice to you and in its sole discretion, amend this policy. Please review this policy periodically. Your continued use of AutoDesignO websites after any such amendments signifies your acceptance thereof.
Questions or Suggestions